Monday, May 16, 2011

Lauren's Last Day at Olive Route

Last May I started my dream internship at Olive Route Press, and last week it came to a quiet end. Over the past year I have learned so much from VSM about letterpress printing and design, how to run a small business, and how to nourish career choices that are personally fulfilling as well as economically viable. With her help I further specified my goals as an artist, leaning more toward illustration and collaboration. Thanks, Via! On my last day, she greeted me with a gorgeous bouquet wrapped in this great vividly patterned paper:


I then proceeded to work my butt off all day printing personal collateral - notecards, stationery, and oversized business cards - featuring the handwritten name of my blog (homage to my favorite inspirational quote by modern dance choreographer Martha Graham) letterpressed in a dusky gold ink. Since I plan to pair these with some quirky yet soulful Nick Bantock-esque envelopes I discovered at Paper Source, I stuck to neutral papers: a textured off-white for the square cards and letterhead, recycled cardstock and thick ivory for business cards.

Click any picture to enlarge for detail






 

 
 

Surprise! This one has an orange interior, sweeeeeeet!



This should last me awhile!
 

1 comment:

  1. aww. this is so sweet, lauren! thank you. it was great having you at the shop, you will be missed! be safe, have fun and keep us posted! xoxo, via

    ReplyDelete