Monday, June 11, 2012

Ice Cream and Illustration

I recently put up, and subsequently took down, my first solo art show! Tara's Organic Ice Cream in Oakland's hip Temescal district played gracious host to my small offerings - the largest image is 5 x 7", the smallest 2 x 2.25" - and complimented my work with unusual, exquisite ice cream flavors. As the theme of my show was 'Traveling Home', I paired each Bay Area illustration with a quote from one of my (past) travel journals; the list of works went "Telegraph/Buenoa Aires," "Berkeley/Morocco," "San Francisco/Barcelona," etcetera. At the opening I was pleased to hear many viewers share their own stories of traveling to these places... 

My apologies for the fuzzy pics. I wanted to give those of you who weren't able to step into the shop, a taste of what you missed. My thanks to those of you who did come out to support me. Many of the pieces are still available for sale. Email or call me for more information!

Gathering up my little works of art...
Carried them in a little battered suitcase...
... to Tara's Ice Cream Shop!
My work lines both walls of her tiny shop
The most recent piece I made, featuring a traffic circle sign paired with a quote from Essaouira
Lakeshore Avenue, Oakland/Via Garibaldi, Turin
Farley's, 65th Street/Barcelona
San Francisco/Barcelona
Albany/London
A very special reproduction of my Yosemite/Rumi piece, vintage gold frame


No comments:

Post a Comment