Sunday, September 14, 2014

Art Day on the Farm

My husband's sister lives on a dream farm of her own making, a hobbyist's dream come true with chickens, hilly vistas, and a fully stocked pottery studio. Among other talents and superpowers (saponification, cracker-making, and knitting, to name a scant few) she is an accomplished ceramicist whose work is featured all over our house. She hosted an "Art Day" at her place where I sat on the porch to sketch those gorgeous hills, and then we played around with transferring my linework onto her cups. See our results below, and scroll all the way down to see my sketches on paper. Enjoy!

Huge handleless mug! I drink from this every morning.


I made this pattern with the looped edge of a ceramic tool.



The potter's signature stamp
Looks like I still have a little decaf left...
Add caption
Add caption



1 comment:

  1. I don't think I ever saw that final drawing - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete