Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Baby Shower Guest Book

This adorable piece was requested by a friend to use as a guest book for her sister's upcoming baby shower. It was inspired by the work of Stacy and Mark of Etsy's www.sayanythingdesign.com, though by the end ended up looking quite different as I put my own spin on it.
The finished product. I can't wait to see this in a frame!
This was the initial sketch.
I estimated the space needed for the balloons, to gauge placement of baby.
Here's a closeup of the sleeping baby illustration. Completely original Lauren drawing.
I used these tiny egg carton squares to elevate the baby from the page.
My friend punched these colorful dots from paint samples! Baby shower guests will sign these.
Hand lettered baby name
I am so happy with the final product! What a great way to welcome a tiny new human :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment