Thursday, March 5, 2015

Frankencactus

I love English majors. We read the world in a different way than the rest. A fellow Colorado College  alumna asked if I would create a small blooming barrel cactus image for her emerging writers' group. Heck yes, I replied! See the drawing evolve from email conversation to real life flier/website.





"Which of these do you like best?," I asked her. When she couldn't decide between the spiky cactus body on the left and the brilliant bloom on the right, I combined them...

  

... into one tiny cactus with a huge flower! It adds the perfect touch to the flyer pictured below. If I lived in the Southwest I would love to sit at her kitchen table and write, write, write.


 























I would totally attend this event, wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment