Thursday, June 12, 2014

My DIY Wedding: The Invites

Most of you out there know that I just got married. Some of you were even there! Rather than chronicle the entire dirty process from engagement to present, I thought I'd feature some highlights from the DIY-artist aspect of things. I designed my own save-the-dates and printed them at Olive Route press, with the help of my sweetie.With his input I also designed our invitations, and created an image for our picnic reception. The bunting, cloth napkins, candle luminaries, wedding dress and veil, paper party favors, flower arrangements, and guest nametags on drinking glasses were all crafted by hand, and gave our wedding a very personalized feel. It was the happiest day of my life.

Many hands contributed to transforming an already perfect backyard garden into the magical, sparkling day-to-night wedding it was. Special thank yous to my family, especially my mother, my bachelorettes, Camille Robles, and the Nadler family.

Enjoy these process photos!

Daydreaming sketches done during night school lecture

Pulling the first few prints

Gideon did some, too!

Adding the little red hearts (not pictured)


Before the hearts, before the rounded corners

Rounded corners!

Preliminary sketches for actual invitation

On the left is the promotional flyer I picked up in Turin on our Italian trip last summer (2013), which inspired the color/style of our invitation set. Translation: I can't wait


Letterpress printed envelope flap, inkjet printed invitation

Handlettered by Yours Truly!

That's my dad, helping me affix vintage flower stamps

Ready... set...


No comments:

Post a Comment